Job ID R-300847
Job Description Summary
Senior Scientist in the Assay Development groupresponsible for developing assays for multi-omic analysis of single cells, through the entire product development process. Lead the development of product specifications, test methods, QC methods, and perform both development optimization and verification testing, to ensure the product meets the specifications and user requirements.
As a Senior Scientist in the Assay Development group, you will be responsible for developing assays for multi-omic analysis of single cells, through the entire product development process. You will lead the development of product specifications, test methods, QC methods, and perform both development optimization and verification testing, to ensure the product meets the specifications and user requirements. You will lead the development of QC documentation, and play an integral role in the transfer of product to Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of molecular biology methods and test or QC method development, including next generation sequencing/data interpretation, and extensive commercial product development experience.
- Develop Product Development Plan as a member of Reagent Development project core team or extended team
- Design and perform experiments, analyze data, evaluate results and report findings according to development plan;
- Collaborate effectively with R&D colleagues to develop an optimization and verification test plan;
- Collaborate effectively with Operations colleagues to develop and transfer QC test methods and SOPs;
- Analyze and interpret RNA-Seq and AbSeq datasets;
- Define product specifications, development experiments and test methods;
- Define model systems and key experiments for assay performance verification
- Collaborate with bioinformatics team to develop data analysis tools;
- Identify variables that need additional characterization and highlight potential problems;
- Define commercial assay kit components and specs and transfer to manufacturing;
- Create SOPs for verification and QC testing;
- Support development of user guides and protocols;
- Interact with core project cross-functional team to identify and resolve issues, refine requirements, report progress toward project goals;
- Mentor less-experienced associates on GLP, molecular biology and analysis techniques, and product development procedures.
- At least 5-8 years experience in genomics commercial assay product development and support
- Strong foundation in a variety of molecular biology techniques, including qPCR, primer design, sample preparation for sequencing, and NGS
- Ability to analyze and interpret large, complex datasets
- Experience developing assays optimized for low input sample types desired
- Experience with sterile techniques and maintaining RNase-free environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
- Enjoy working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change
- Highly motivated, independent self-starter who takes initiative to recognize and solve problems
- Strong scientist willing to present scientific results both internally and externally
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, or related discipline, with at least 5 years of industry experience developing commercial assay products. Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of commercial industry experience developing assays/reagents under design control processes may be considered.