This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
The Analytical Services team at LORD Corporation is looking for a Senior Scientist in Cary, NC. The applicant should have a strong background in chemistry, polymer science, and instrumental analysis. The candidate will use strong problem solving skills to help the other internal departments address questions regarding chemical synthesis, product development, process development, and manufacturing.
He/she will join a team of scientists and technicians to analyze a variety of products including, but not limited to, silicones, acrylic, urethane, and epoxy adhesives. The candidate must have demonstrated hands-on experience and expertise in advancedchemical analytical instrumentation including chromatographic techniques and spectroscopy. It is expected that the candidate will become proficient in the operation of a variety of analytical instruments and data interpretation.
- The incumbent will develop the appropriate analysis plan, run advanced instrumental methods, oversee routine methods run by the technical staff, and interpret data to draw conclusions that propose value added solutions in a timely manner.
- The candidate will be expected to multitask, perform hands-on work in the laboratory, design and implement new analytical test methods (as necessary), train others, and make presentations.
- The typical work day will be in a lab setting.
- Occasional (5%) travel to other LORD sites or customers will be needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science or related discipline with at least 10 years’ experience or Master’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience or a PhD with zero or more years of experience
- Effective two-way communication skills are a necessity to understand problems at hand and to present understandable conclusions and solutions to cross-functional clientele. The position is in a strongly team-centered environment. The individual must be eager to seek input and insight from the entire Analytical team, and to provide constructive suggestions for teammates' projects.
- Strong understanding of chemistry, polymer science, and analytical techniques including spectroscopy (NMR, GC-MS, FT-IR) and chromatography.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- The position requires technical leadership abilities. In order to be successful in this position, the individual must have a passion for chemistry in general, and a strong desire to help convert technical solutions into business wins.
- This position requires a strong adherence to the company ethics policies, safety awareness, and adherence to quality standards.
- 5 or more years’ experience with a PhD degree in chemistry or polymer science.
- Strong Technical writing skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law