Our Quantitative Sciences team uses big data to analyze the safety and efficacy claims of our potential medical breakthroughs. We review the quality and reliability of clinical studies using deep scientific knowledge, statistical analysis and high-quality data to support decision making in clinical trials.
This position supports the design, development, and delivery of efficient, flexible, and modular analysis and reporting and submission standards that can be used for drug and/or vaccine projects across all therapeutic areas Adheres to standard operating procedures and guidelines established by the department. Drives data structures which includes analysis and reporting data standards and submission standards and actively contributes to the department's strategic initiatives.Primary Responsibilities:
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Develop and validate global programming standards for efficacy analysis and reporting.
- Develop and validate global programming standards for safety analysis and reporting.
- Design and develop complex programming algorithms in R, R shiny, and its ecosystem, under guidance of staff with extensive expertise in clinical trial A&R standards development.
- Provide technical consultation and analytical support to statistical programmers and statisticians in R, R shiny, and its ecosystem.
- Represent our Company on relevant industry initiatives including R Consortium, TransCelerate, PHUSE, CDISC.
- Serve as Statistical Programming Subject Matter Expert for R programming, package and Shiny app development.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, partners in driving R packages and Shiny app development following our Company's standards, processes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to provide input on R platform and infrastructure.
- Contribute to development and delivery of R training to statistical programmers.
- Provide technical expertise that bridges R and SAS knowledge within the statistical programming organization to meet stakeholder needs, under guidance ofstaff with extensive expertise in clinical trial A&R standards development.
- Provide strategic input for documentation process development for implementation of open source software in a regulated pharmaceutical development environment under guidance ofstaff with extensive expertise in clinical trial A&R standards development.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field plus 5-9 years of programming experience in a clinical trial environment including substantial experience in R and experience in SAS.
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field plus 3-7 years of programming experience in a clinical trial environment including substantial experience in R and experience in SAS.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and collaborate effectively.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and significant experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for R&D projects (data, analyses, tables, listings, figures).
- A project leader; completes tasks independently at a project level; ability to collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Significant expertise in applying R for clinical trial programming including R package and R Shiny app development.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards.
- Experience working with analytical research databases including various analysis datasets and procedures/packages.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistics, clinical trial, and data management concepts as applied to drug/vaccine development.
- Expertise in applying SAS for clinical trial programming including data steps, procedures, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH.
- Experience in RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect and RStudio Package Manager.
- Repository Manager Tools (e.g., Artifactory).
- Expertise in version control tools (e.g., git, github, bitbucket), Ci/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, Travis CI, github action), docker container.
- Experience in developing flexible and efficient complex analysis and reporting standard SAS macros.
- Python and XML experience.
- Experience with Linked data, natural language processing.
- Experience using SAS, R in Unix/Linux environment.
- Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe methodology to be programmed; understanding of statistical terminology and concepts; Implements statistical methods not currently available through commercial software packages.
- Ability and interest to work across cultures and geographies.
- Active in professional societies.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives
while Inspiring Your Career Growth.INVENT.IMPACT.INSPIRE.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails. Employee Status:
Yes Travel Requirements:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - DayValid Driving License:
NoHazardous Material(s):Number of Openings: