$80K — $100K *
QIAGEN Digital Insights is seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior bioinformatics scientist who can contribute his/her own unique perspectives to our collective understanding of genomics and genetics data for biomedical research.
- Provide professional bioinformatics services including NGS analysis, data harmonization, and pipeline and API development, etc.
- Consult with biotech and pharma professionals across multiple therapeutic areas
- Collaborate internally with content, research, and software development teams
- Integrate detailed biological information with analyzed NGS data to provide an end-to-end solution
- PhD degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline) plus 3~5 years of post-graduate experience in biomedical field
- In-depth experience with NGS analysis pipelines and algorithms for a variety of data types (e.g. RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, WGS, ATAC-seq)
- Proficiency in one or more common programming languages such as Python (preferred), R (preferred), C#, Java, Perl. Experience with Linux command line tools and shell scripting
- Solid track record of research in cancer, biomedical, or related areas as demonstrated by publications
- Customer-oriented, enjoys working with customers and helping find solutions. Ability to communicate effectively around results and process with biologists and domain experts
- Strong ability to multi-task and track ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills, and enjoys working in collaborative team environment
- Must provide code samples (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, etc.).
- Experience with drug development
- Familiarity with HPC and/or cloud-computing environments such as AWS
- Working knowledge of database, version control tools, Docker, and API implementation
- Familiarity with workflow development languages like Nextflow
- Experience implementing machine learning models is a plus
- Experience with commercial genomics software for NGS data analysis and visualization
- Strong statistical skills
Valid through: 6/2/2021
$80K — $100K *