Senior Scientific Advisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as subject matter expert in formulation development and small scale, early phase, sterile fill/finish.
- Provide focused activity, training, and strategic direction to achieve revenue targets and further market penetration.
- Effectively collaborate with Regional Sales Managers and Key Account Managers to sell small-scale drug product manufacturing services and maximize quote win ratios.
- Align drug product manufacturing service offering with market needs by providing immediate, continuous feedback and driving continuous improvement.
- Partner with Business Unit (BU) leaders to understand capabilities and expertise to ensure programs are placed appropriately within the Eurofins BPT network.
- Understand the client’s scientific, regulatory, and business needs and provide solutions to these needs through technical work scopes, establishing Eurofins BPT as the most experienced and best overall value for each specific program.
- Monitor marketplace for competitive pricing.
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory and scientific trends in the industry to maintain Eurofins BPT’s position as an innovative, compliant, solutions-oriented company.
- Facilitate contract/project hand-off meetings with program management and operations to communicate all details necessary for successful project execution.
- Responsible for publishing in the form of white papers, webinars, and email blasts and conducting speaking engagements/presentations to increase Eurofins BPT’s reputation as the industry expert.
- Represent Eurofins BPT at trade shows, conferences, etc., to further company reputation and market penetration.
- Travel to client locations and on-site to Eurofins BPT facilities for client visits to aid in obtaining work. Expected travel: 30-50%.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. in engineering, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related scientific field plus a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience is required. (Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience may be acceptable.)
- Experience with a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO or CDMO), Contract Testing Organization (CTO), or Pharmaceutical drug development organization.
- Understanding of the bio/pharmaceutical drug product manufacturing, including testing, and formulation developmentrequirements for product approval and cGMP quality systems.
- Business-focused strategic mindset and the ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Dynamics and MS suite.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Based in San Diego, CA
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters degree or PhD in engineering, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related scientific field plus a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience. A bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience may be acceptable
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship