General Description of Position:
The Project Scheduler will directly support scheduling related activities, procedures and processes related to the execution of projects and proposals in the Power Sector. The Project Scheduler III will be assigned to work with and support a Project Manager and project team in developing, updating and publishing of schedules for projects and proposals. This position will be responsible for the issuing of project and proposal schedules and the monitoring of each schedule, highlighting delays, providing visibility of upcoming milestones and guidance for schedule management. Additionally, the role is responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of department standard operating procedures and performance metrics, maintaining a high degree of external and internal customer service via clear and timely communication and reporting.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Develop and maintain the process, procedures and job aids by which Power Delivery develops, maintains and communicates project schedules
- Develop, maintain and analyze Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules for variety of project types within Power Delivery
- Engage and support all activities associated with project planning, scheduling, forecasting, monitoring and critical path analysis
- Assist with the development of master schedule templates for various typical project types
- Assist the Project Managers and project team in the development of detailed functional schedules required in the execution of projects. Schedules shall reflect design, procurement and construction work flow and include necessary logic ties to accurately reflect any scheduling impacts and provide accurate forecasts
- Work with the project team members to support in providing accurate and timely updates to project schedules
- Monitor, analyze and forecast on a regular basis, providing schedule reports including critical path, milestone and short term look ahead reports
- Report any schedule deviations and recommend corrective actions
- Develop and implement resource loaded schedules when required
- Develop and implement cash loaded schedules when required
- Develop and implement schedule based earned value reporting
- Experience with integrating corporate finance system data with Primavera scheduling data to integrate project estimates with project plans and project actual man-hours and dollars
- May be required to direct the schedule related activities of Schedulers and Scheduling Coordinators.
- Develop and deliver schedule related training to the PMO and operational staff.
- Provide effective customer service to internal and external clients
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Project Controls, Engineering, Construction Management or Business from an accredited school or University or equivalent related experience is required. Project Management and or Project Controls experience is desired.
Certification as PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) (or equivalent) is preferred.
Minimum 10 years related electric utility scheduling experience is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills to deal with internal/external clients
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work
- Must be skilled in developing, maintaining and analyzing cost and resource loaded CMP Schedules
- Able to review contract documents/plans to develop schedules that coordinate with the client's Master Schedule
- Skilled in reviewing contractor schedule submittals
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera P6 Scheduling Software
- Experience with Microsoft Project Scheduling Software
- Experience with appropriate standard workplace software tools (Microsoft Office, MS Outlook)
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled