The Senior SCADA Engineer position offers great career growth opportunity, a global reach, and a very competitive compensation package. The preferred base location is San Francisco bay area with Client's Solar Center of Excellence in Redwood Shores.
* Provide technical services to existing and prospective customers during pre-sales and post sales activities. To fulfill these responsibilities, the person needs to:
* Quickly learn and absorb business domain knowledge in renewable and distributed energy industry.
* Quickly learn and understand the software products and solutions provided by Client to its customers.
* Assist pre-sales activities by providing product demo, preparing sales and marketing materials, lead solution design and workshops, define Statement of Work (SOW), and responding to RFI/RFP's.
* Lead post-sales solution delivery projects by interfacing with customer, gathering and analyzing detail requirements, and coordinating internal resources to deliver Clinet to customers.
* Provide ongoing support to assigned customer accounts.
* Coordinating with product management and engineering teams for product development, enhancements and/or customizations.
* Provide training to customers.
* Occasional travel to customer offices and sites primarily within the dedicated region (Americas, EMEA, A/P).
?Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related majors
* At least 5 years of working experience
* At least 3 years of experience in solar energy industry
* Experience in real-time industrial systems (e.g. SCADA, DCS, EMS, etc.)
* Experience with major industrial data communication protocols (e.g. IEC, DNP, OPC, Modbus, etc.)
* Experience with software/hardware system installation and configuration
* Experience in customer facing consulting and project management
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Quick learner, team player, pro-active self-starter with a can-do attitude
* Who wants to contribute to making the world a better place