Sr. SAS Programmer (Early Phase) This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. As a Sr. SAS Programmer you will be responsible for leading projects, performing programming activities according to business SOPs and sponsor requirements. This will include generation of documentation and SAS code, report tables and listing and planning for software specifications/data structures for studies. Overview of the role
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 5%) domestic and/or international
- Act as study lead for a project to coordinate all study activities and provide input to project documentation as appropriate including review statistical analysis plans and CRF's.
- Ensure projects are conducted in accordance with internal SOPs, client requirements, and Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- *Carry out quality control checks to ensure compliance with Company and Sponsor requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of all results and ensure appropriate documentation.
- Prepare graphs, tables and listings for inclusion in clinical study reports.
- Write/follow appropriate SOPs and WPS for programming activities.
- Provide mentorship and training for other programmers.
- *Provide support to the Principal Statistical Programmer and Manager, Statistical Programming.
- *Ensure compliance with all training requirements.
- *Provide data transfers to company or sponsor standards.
- Attend and present at external meetings as appropriate.
- Under supervision perform senior review of complete programming deliverables.
- Participate in client audits where appropriate.
- Liaise with Data Management, QA, PK, Medical Writing, Stats and PM.
- Any other duties as assigned commensurate with skills and qualifications and appropriate to the role
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, in a quantitative or scientific discipline, or local equivalent
- Substantial experience in SAS Programming, or equivalent, preferably in the Clinical Domain.
- Proven ability to produce report quality tables graphs and data listings without direct supervision
- Proven ability to drive process improvements within area of expertise
- Awareness of regulatory requirements and industry practice
- Expert knowledge of CDISC SDTM and ADAM requirements for submission is a must
- Advanced problem solving skills, attention to detail, good verbal and written
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to transfer own knowledge to others and help them improve
Benefits of Working in ICON Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme, private health care, life assurance and staff recognition schemes. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.