This role forms part of the newly created SAP Capability delivery team within Operations IT (OPS IT) and will work with the Ops IT Capabilities teams, Operations Sites and “Software Shared Services (SSS)” teams and Operations business functions in response to the project/programme needs identified.
SAP/ERP Project demands are largely generated from within our OPSIT capability areas (working closely with our business) and will be delivered through this SAP/ERP delivery team.
Capability areas include, Manufacturing, Supply Chain systems, Distribution, Business Information/Warehouse, Quality, Global External Sourcing (GES) and Procurement.
Interaction will be across all Operations regions and sites.
You will be required to have knowledge of operations manufacturing / supply chain business processes with many years (10+) experience of delivering complex project and programmes
The team will consist of permanent and temporary resources that will accommodate peaks and troughs in delivery and you will therefore be able to identify, source and bring in appropriate resources as required.
This is a global role to be based in Gaithersburg, Frederick or Newark, DE and requires the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Ops IT will deliver a significant amount of SAP related projects and programmes to support our Global Operations business initiatives – the build and development of an SAP delivery team aims to build a core capability to strengthen our IT skills in this critical space
- The SAP/ERP senior implementation Project Manager will perform a key role in the delivery team, providing deep project management experience gained in the successful delivery of multiple ERP/SAP projects
- Help to build and develop the SAP/ERP deployment capability within OPSIT
- Gain knowledge of AstraZeneca Operations processes to ensure implementation of key SAP/ERP systems are implemented quicker, faster, cheaper – continuous improvement
- The demand for OPS IT to deliver SAP/ERP projects and programmes continues to grow – experience and confidence in AGILE development and delivery of SAP/ERP is very beneficial
- Significant experiencerequired in project and change management as the role requires taking initial business problems, identifying and then delivering improvement plans.
- Personal drive and confidence to make change happen within team but also across customer groups; who will need to change their own ways of working to meet global standards.
- Ability to influence across peer groups as some project accountabilities will be delivered from within our Software Shared Services organisation (SSS)
- Be capable of mentoring less experienced ERP staff in the execution of their duties.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management, most programmes are sponsored by business VP levels and this role is expected to work closely with these stakeholders and their teams to drive and govern large projects
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver customer facing workshops (fit/gap etc.) with a mix of customer, team and “SSS” SAP Architects
- Experience of ‘last mile’ delivery and business change activities. The delivery team will consist of business resources, and this senior PM is expected to manage all aspects of the end-2-end project/programme delivery. This includes working withinternal service teams, business and potentially third parties. Overall accountability remains with the SAP/ERP delivery project management team.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Significant project management experience gained delivering multiple ERP projects (>10 years)
- SAP specific project delivery experience
- Knowledge and experience delivery projects using at least four of the following SAP applications; SAP ECC, SAP APO, SAP SNC, SAP MDM, SAP GBT, SAP Aii/OER
- Working experience of AGILE methodologies applied to SAP/ERP project delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of Operations business processes and ways of working.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP standard architecture and ways of working.
- Knowledge and understanding of one or more business functions e.g. finance, supply chain, procurement, distribution
- A passion for building and delivering exceptional project capabilities.
- Experience in working with external supply partners and consultants.
- Experience of working and managing in a virtual team construct with varied resources both internal and external