Hatch is currently seeking a Senior SAPDeveloper for our Hatch Digital group, located in our Mississauga office.
The iPas TF team in Hatch Digital develops and maintains the SAP enterprise applications used by Hatch Finance, Human Resources, Project teams and Hatch Management. These applications include SAP ECC6, SuccessFactors, CPM (Commercial Project Management), C4C, Fiori LaunchPad, Business Warehouse, Business Objects and integrations between these tools. These modules encompass a variety of technologies and development environments including ABAP, Web Dynpro for ABAP, Floorplan Manager, BRFplus, BOPF, Fox, Planning Sequences, Fiori, HCI (now SPI: SAP Cloud Platform Process Integration middleware), SAP Gateway OData Services, as well as various toolsets for BW and BO development.
As a Senior Developer within this group, you will be responsible for architecture, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation and remediation, for the existing applications and integrations, as well as for new developments and initiatives. You will collaborate with the Functional Consultants in understanding and fine-tuning requirements, as well as with the other senior technical team members. You will participate in mentoring and coaching the junior and intermediate developers.
You are a team player, yet an independent thinker, comfortable with sharing and accepting ideas in an open manner. You are a hard worker, able to take on demanding and time-constrained tasks.
- Design, develop and test SAP applications and extensions to / customizations of SAP transactions and Web Dynpro applications/components.
- Design, develop and test SAP ABAP reports, Smartforms and Adobe Forms.
- Review requirements and provide input on initial effort, impact and complexity. In some cases develop PoCs to illustrate and test out a possible technical solution.
- Unit testing of all development.
- In conjunction with the Functional Consultants, assist with application stabilization and defect resolution / remediation.
- Adhere to and contribute to Hatch standards applicable to the development environment.
- Support organizational change.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience working in team environments
- Experience in designing and developing SAP applications:
- Minimum 6 years of SAP ABAP development experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Webdynpro
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with SAP-related integration technologies and tools such as BAPIs, SAP Gateway and ODATA/REST-based APIs
- Knowledge of SAP programming tools such as Transaction and Report creations, enhancements, SmartForms, Adobe Forms, User Exits, ALV Reports, Screen Painter BDC, Data Dictionary, ABAP Query, BAPI, ALE, IDOCS, and Floorplan Manager
- Knowledge of BOPF Framework & Adobe LifeCycle
- Experience with OSS Note application and validation
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and SAP development best practices
- Strong understanding of OO paradigm and experience in OO design
- Ability to self-learn new technologies
- Superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of Business / Accounting principles and the SAP modules FI, CO, SD, HCM, PS
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel if required
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of the SAP application environment including landscape design and SAP-specific strategies and tools for change management such as Solution Manager, Service Request Management, Incident Management, Change Management (ChaRM) and CTS
- Business Explorer (BEX) Analysis/Query Designer / Analysis for Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Java.
Requisition ID: 7681