Senior SAP Configuration Analyst
How this role will make an impact:
This position executes entire lifecycle of an SAP capability from planning to tactical delivery. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the SAP requirements, and work with cross functional IT team to deliver the final solution. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into SAP solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Configure and support the SAP IS Retail functions and related SAP components.
- Define and develop technical standards, including but not limited to, root cause analysis, evaluation of design alternatives, optimization of solutions, audits, monitoring and error resolution; ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Understand the principles of application systems development and use them to analyze, test, implement, maintain and document IT projects
- Leads the creation of business and functional design specifications. Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, including SAP Best Practices and determines alternatives.
- Determine integration requirements, develop and test integration maps, maintain certificates in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Configuration of various functions; ensures integration points use proper protocols.
- Implement business driven requirements based on the given standards and oversee testing for the implemented functionalities and the support of the system test phase
- Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IT teams. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capabilities and negotiates resolution.
- Create and Implement the quality assurance strategy, approach and plan. Create and execute test plans, cases and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- IDOC processing and ABAP Development a huge plus
- 5 years of experience in configuring and supporting SAP ECC 6.0; including specific components and functions such as Procurement, Inventory management and Retail Master Data such as site, article, pricing and listings
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated experience in working on different software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies and application implementation methodologies
- Experience in processes and integration of SAP IS Retail with other solutions such as JDA’s Category Management applications, Manhattan WMS and POS integration is strongly preferred