Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Salesforce full lifecycle implementation experience utilizing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices, preferably in an Agile environment
- 4+ years’ of experience in Salesforce development including Salesforce Custom Objects, Apex, Triggers, Web Services, Visualforce, REST APIs, SOAP Web Services and migration tools
- Salesforce Developer (Dev 401) certification highly desired with other Salesforce certifications (i.e.: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant, Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant, etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce release and change management process
- Experience utilizing tools such as JIRA, Rally, DOORS and subversion/SVN
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate key Salesforce performance indicators to all levels of the company
- Knowledge of Apttus development and Apttus certification