The Senior Salesforce Developer is a key member of the Sales Integration Solutions team, responsible for delivering innovative SaaS technology solutions by analyzing business needs and developing solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
The Senior Salesforce Developer – Sales Integration Solutions requires the technical and functional competencies of a software engineer in framing the business problem and developing solutions that meets the business needs.
The Senior Salesforce Developer – Sales Integration Solutions will work on a range of data and technology projects that focus on the Salesforce.com platform. The Senior Salesforce Developer will also work on highly visible roadmap programs and acquisition integration projects as a lead technical developer and will work closely with product owners, solution architects, testers and DevOps engineers.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and technical designs for the Salesforce platform
- Develop components on the Salesforce platform both point-and-click and customizations on Lightning and Lightning components (Java-script and HTML), Apex, Visual Force, API, Force.com and workflows on force.com
- Apply technical expertise across the project lifecycle, from leading user story points estimation to the design, build, test, and deployment of solutions using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Build configurations and customizations on Salesforce, FinancialForce, and Apttus Configure Price Quote (CPQ) and Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) components
- Analyze complex systems integrations, data models, and workflows to troubleshoot and isolate system issues
- Develop proof of concepts (POC) on Salesforce, Apttus, and other AppEx components and connectors
- Perform technical fit/gap analysis on the Salesforce platform to support new initiatives and products
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, and provide guidance to vendors and other developers
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Work on DevOps and automation initiatives on the Salesforce platform
- Collaborate with business analysis and quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Plan and sequence release deployment activities in coordination with Release Management
- Drive issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation, and dependency management.
Support the company standards for software development (SDLC), compliance, and SOX controls by producing required artifacts and adhering to process and access controls.
The position requires the following experience/skills:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field. Salesforce Developer Certification and Apttus CPQ Certification are desirable.
- Minimum 4-6 years of hands-on experience in Salesforce development both point-and-click and customizations with focus on Lightning and Lightning Components (Java-script and HTML), Apex, Visual Force, API, Force.com and workflows taking into account force.com best practices and limitations.
- Strong understanding of Saleforce.com platform and best practices in designing data model, security and Apex coding standards.
- Experience in performing data migration in Salesforce
- Experience in Agile development, iterative development, and proof of concepts (POCs).
- Minimum 2+ year hands-on experience in designing and building integrations (REST API, SOAP, or Mulesoft) with Salesforce
- Minimum 1+ year of hands-on development experience in Salesforce Lightning
- Apttus CPQ advanced configuration experience, strongly preferred
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Community Cloud experience, preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to both functional and technical teams
- Ability to flex from an individual contributor as a Salesforce developer, and a technical lead for small Salesforce development teams
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions.
Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and forward thinking.