Panopto is seeking an experienced Salesforce developer that has worked in-house as a Salesforce developer for small or medium sized companies with extensive use of Salesforce. We have a highly customized Salesforce implementation that powers many facets of our business - from sales to support to customer success. It is heavily integrated with a variety of third-party tools such as Intacct, Marketo, Outreach, and Docusign. We are seeking to improve our overall Salesforce architecture while still making progress on business requirements. We need someone who can roll up their sleeves and write great code, and can also manage projects from beginning to end. If you’re interested in working on a complex system loaded with interesting challenges and hard problems, we want to talk to you.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a true passion for identifying inefficiencies, the ability to outline the path forward, and a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science of Information Systems preferred
- In-depth Salesforce experience in administrative and development roles.
- Expertise in all aspects of declarative configuration, Apex code writing, troubleshooting, testing and deployment.
- Advanced experience with Salesforce Communities, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud
- Salesforce API experience
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning rollouts for Service Cloud and Knowledge users
- Salesforce security model - a thorough understanding of permissions, sharing rules, role hierarchies
- Salesforce Application Architect Certification, Platform Developer Certification
- Experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce security and compliance features
- A friendly and team-oriented professional who wants to learn from others and help others learn from them.
- Provide ongoing front-line support to the Director of Support. Support issues tend to deal with performance issues, custom Apex code, third party integrations, case management, and Communities-specific administration.
- Manage internal requests to address Salesforce errors and add new functionality. Track all work using established case tracking system. Enhance this system with CRM/Marketing Ops Manager and admin team members.
- Prioritize work with Manager of CRM/Marketing Operations and internal Salesforce admins.
- Design effective system architecture with a focus on usability and scalability. Serve as an expert Salesforce consultant understanding configuration, workflows, security, deployment, and custom objects.
- Identify problems with our Salesforce implementation that may cause inefficiencies or degraded performance. Work with Salesforce admins to improve automation and reduce recursion.
- Serve as the technical expert for the team in determining the best approach to address business requirements.
- Bring your knowledge of best practices in change management and architecture to our team in a way that can make a meaningful impact.
- Take preventive actions that will improve application reliability and performance
- Stay ahead of release updates that may require changes to our Salesforce implementation- plan for changes to avoid regressions.
- Additional scope may be proposed and agreed through the duration of this position