In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking an Application Architect that will be responsible for the internal architectural design of a single or set of assigned applications or systems, and for the design of the interfaces through which that application interacts with the rest of the enterprise. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their application into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
The Application Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines, as well as utilize common application design frameworks and design patterns in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Application Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their application to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Define the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization's changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts (e.g. application architecture diagrams and application communication diagrams).
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, OO principles and design patternsRole Essentials
- • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- • Progressive experience as a senior developer in large IT projects including support
- • Prior project architect and/or team lead experience
- • Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud CRM Solutions and integrations
- • Development experience using Eclipse, Apex, Visualforce, Workflows, Triggers, XML, HTML, SOQL, and SQL
- • Understanding of System Integration Testing, Load Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and Salesforce.com Cloud Integration Testing
- • Knowledge of relational databases, legacy systems integration, and design patterns
- • 6+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
- • Experience with:
- SOA design and development
- Back-end databases
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategiesRole Desirables
- • Database experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or DB2
- • Experience with SOAP/WSDL and REST APIs
- • Experience in Eclipse and TFS
- • Experience in Salesforce Lightning Process Builder
- • Salesforce.com Certifications
- • Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer
- • Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- • Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator
- • Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- • Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- • Working knowledge of Salesforce.com Service Cloud, .Net and mainframe development