The Senior Sales Trainer is an intermediary position between the Director of Sales Education and the Sales Trainer. The Sales Trainer is responsible for the design/delivery and implementation of training projects that contribute to the skill, knowledge, and competency of the field sales force.
Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and determination to provide the best possible experience to our customers and coworkers. They strive for excellent performance, driven by the willingness to both teach and learn. They are good team players, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, well-organized, and ambitious about developing as a professional.
What you’ll be doing
- Plans, develops, and delivers brand strategy aligned training and development programs to the sales force and sales management team in conjunction with sales management and marketing.
- Supports the training needs of the Bioventus sales organization to ensure the company meets and/or exceeds overall key performance indicators including sales revenue, growth objectives, gross profit, etc.
- Develops and conducts internal and external training sessions for sales representatives to include (but not limited to)
- New Hire Training
- Science Summits
- Assist with logistics for external and internal training
- Advanced Sales Training
- Training for National or Regional Sales Meetings
- Collaborates with outside vendors and suppliers as required to supplement the learning process and ensure the highest quality and technological requirements are met.
- Partners with sales management to design and implement reinforcement of training after formal classroom time.
- In conjunction with Director of Sales Education, develops training goals and identifies expected outcomes with sales and marketing; measures ROO and ROI where feasible.
- Improves overall sales effectiveness/capacity through technology and process improvement/optimization/efficiency
- Identifies creative and technology enhanced ways to transfer information and knowledge to geographically dispersed sales force.
- Collaborates with Marketing to ensure training plans achieve the product marketing objectives
- Evaluates sales rep performance during training and field rides and provides feedback, making suggestions for improvement
- Ensures compliance with all Bioventus policies in all training activities and personal performance, (i.e. Advamed Code of Ethics)
- Facilitates Advanced Training and additional training via webinars
- Creates distance learning modules for Biolearn
- Achieves certifications required to successfully execute the training activities
- Maintains an up to date awareness and understanding of issues, questions, and objections being faced by the sales organization
- Stays current on the latest clinical information related to Bioventus and the respective competitive products, technological advances especially related to communication vehicles and the LMS, and stays current on training trends; maintains a membership in select training organizations (LTEN, ATD, etc.) and participates in their programs.
What you’ll bring to the table
• Bs/Ba degree preferably in health science
• 3 years successful sales experience in medical device, pharmaceuticals or biotech
• at least 5 years training experience as a corporate/national trainer
• proven track record of territory management including regularly exceeding quota
• strong analytical capability with respect to deal profitability and problem solving
• willingness to adapt and communicate
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• strong presentation and facilitation skills
• curriculum development
• basic understanding of adult learning and development principles
• international training
• building and measuring training program effectiveness
• ability to manage many projects with attention to detail and time
• virtual instructor led training (vilt)