While working at DST Financial Services, you will help our prospects and clients discover opportunities in the complexities associated with mounting inflows of data, rapid technological advancements, shifting regulatory change, rising security risks and increasing demands from their customers. Your job is to help our clients discover opportunity through technology, strategic advisory and business improvement solutions. You will work with some of the world’s leading Alternative Asset Managers, Asset Management Service Companies, Banking Companies, Broker-Dealers, Distribution Companies, Insurance Companies and Retirement Companies. Everyday our business lines work together to master the complexity of the financial industry to transform the most challenging tasks into opportunity and competitive advantage.
The Senior Sales Support Consultant will support the strategic sales cycle for prospects across the financial services group. Examples of specific responsibilities include: prospect research and analysis; sales pipeline oversight; project management of RFPs, RFIs, site visits, presentations and finalist proposals. This role will work directly with Retirement Solutions sales representatives to assist with the sale of retirement tools and applications, including our TRAC retirement recordkeeping platform. This role can be based in Quincy, MA or Kansas City, MO.
- Manage sales support activity including request for proposal (RFP) process, follow- up items and coordination of client and prospect site visits.
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide the fundamental knowledge of the proposed solution and materials required for response.
- Develop sales proposals that are well-written, accurate, and reflect specific customer objectives for proposals to ensure focus on strategic themes as well as compliance with all RFP requirements.
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and other account communications as needed.
- Discuss the use of products, emphasizing product features based on analysis of customers' needs and knowledge of product capabilities.
- Create presentations demonstrating how the product meets the client's needs.
- Work closely with sales, relationship management, subject matter experts and operations staff in promoting new products and assisting with marketing activities, such as campaigns and lead management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company product offerings and related marketing efforts.
- Perform market analyses as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of work-related experience, or Master’s degree and 1 year of work-related experience, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience.
- Enthusiastic, energetic self-starter who is able to manage complex projects independently.
- Quick learner with a great work ethic and strong business acumen, able to take on new tasks and perform high quality work.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- High-level creative thinker; able to effectively share ideas to the development of client and prospect communications.
- Strong analytical ability, detail-oriented with proven ability to see open issues to resolution.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proven project management and problem solving skills with a focus on attention to detail and delivery.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Thorough research and opportunity analysis, ability to develop proposals, RFPs, and presentations.
- Knowledge of marketing communications concepts and techniques, as well as sales process and cycle.
- Retirement solutions experience is required, preferably with plan implementations, product management or institutional operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales support, product marketing, product or operations- related function, preferably within the financial services industry.