The incumbent will contribute to thefinancial and strategic goals of the business by building and maintaining a book ofretail electricity customers. This includes building and leveraging relationships with prospects, customers, andchannel partners, along with understanding customers’ needs, selling products and services, gathering market intelligence, managing businessrisk, and helping the business grow and evolve. Assigned territory will be Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Candidatecan be either located within the assigned territory, or can be Houston based. EOE M/F/D/V
- Leverage effective relationships with prospects, customers, and channel partners to close profitable retail electricity contracts.
- Maintain customer and channel partner relationships, including providing key customer service interactions and support for issue resolution.
- Achieve assigned sales targets.
- Work with the Retail team to identify and implement changes to processes and systems to enhance business success.
- Ensure that contracts are executed accurately, timely and in accordance with policy.
- Understand and communicate pricing fundamentals and dynamics for assigned regions(s).
- Contribute to strategic items, including increasing success levels in assigned territories and to the retail business as a whole.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Work withRetail team to develop products and services to provide customers a solution to their energy needs.
- Develop executive-level relationships with channel partners to drive shared success between Talen Energy and the channel partner.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; or a minimum of seven years of related work experience with a proven track record for delivering results is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in sales or account management directly or applicable to retail energy is required.
- Solid working knowledge of retail energy products and services.
- Effective communication, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to achieve goals is preferred.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to travel.