The Account Representative III is a sales and relationship role responsible for establishing new accounts and maintaining and servicing existing accounts. This position plans, develops, and implements sales strategies to ensure long term growth and profitability. This position applies a seasoned knowledge of industry, products and services offered, market trends, rules and regulations, gross profit, and pricing to make recommendations to customers, meet established sales/deal goals, and expand account base.
- Create plans for and execute on lead generation - locate, evaluate and recruit potential customers/clients.
- Serve customers; introduce new product/service offerings; address inquiries and resolve issues; manage deal details, credit and payment terms.
- Establish and achieve gross profit goals for the business which are consistent with growth and target/threshold objectives
- Coordinate with internal departments in all activities surrounding the transfer or execution of goods/services/products, ensure that appropriate instructions, documentation, and regulatory standards are present.
- Participate in marketing and trade activities, utilize experience and seasoned sales perspective to recommend new/changes in marketing approaches.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position. Maintain and leverage data and resources to develop and execute sales plans, as well as to inform the department through reporting or sharing of information.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop colleagues’ understanding, may be recognized as an expert in one area
- Complexity is high (territory/accounts, product/services, sales or account management process); may serve as a team lead
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product service terms
- Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience required
- Specialized certifications preferred (specific to assigned industry)