Sovereign Solutions Corporation is a software consulting firm that provides staffing, project management, information technologyarchitecture and software development services. We are looking to add a strong senior-level salesperson to our team that can expand the relationships we have with existing customers as well as grow our book of business by bringing on new clients.
We are seeking an experienced consultative business development team member who has a proven track record of success, is highly motivated, analytical, embraces technology and thrives in a client-focused entrepreneurial environment. The individual will be responsible for driving sales and services to new customers by building relationships with key decision makers that lead to business opportunities. The ability to sell sophisticated, complex solutions and selling new ways of doing business will be critical to the person's ultimate success and requires extensive sales and business development knowledge and leadership, in addition to extensive business contacts. The successful candidate will be able to work independently on sales and business development activities.
This position can work remotely with occasional visits to our office in central New Jersey.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Establish sales opportunities by leveraging strong existing relationships, generating leads, and qualifying prospects and closing new sales
- Execute on sales opportunities and maintain a pipeline to support attainment of sales objectives
- Sell our solutions by developing relationships with prospects; researching and analyzing sales options and recommending solutions
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the company's capabilities/solutions
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Play an active role in refining the company's value proposition, sales messaging and the positioning of the company's solutions
- Preparing monthly sales tracking and reporting including pipeline management, call planning and sales forecasting
- Proven track record in sales, new business development and marketing with 5+ years of consultative sales experience in selling IT staffing, software development, system architecture, project management services and solutions
- Must have an existing book of business and proven success with corporate clients
- C-Suite level management and leadership skills with extensive business contacts
- Certifications from Microsoft (Azure certifications preferred and any others), Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, APIGEE and Hortonworks are a big plus
- Experience being a Project Manager, Solutions Architect, or Sales Engineer
- Understanding of consultative sales process and opportunity life cycle management
- Understanding of automated marketing and lead generation process
- Knowledge and experience using a CRM system
- Advanced presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong client management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
About Us: Since its inception in 1996, Sovereign Solutions has established a far-reaching presence as a provider of managed project and staffing solutions across a broad range of functional and industry practices with four offices in the United States and the United Kingdom. Sovereign Solutions has extensive experience in project-based solutions and staff augmentation. Our customized service offerings in defined core practices are organized to provide our clients with services specifically responsive to both their most specialized and fundamental needs. Our approach, methodology, and ability to offer diversified technology sourcing options have been key factors in our growth and success.