Job ID 565195BR
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. At Disney, you’ll help create that magic through discovery and understanding of what will make an event extra special and working with a team of talented Cast to help that dream come to life.
As a Catered Events Senior Sales Manager for the Disneyland Resort Hotels, you are the gateway for Guests who seek a new, different and unique experience for their special occasions. This role requires catered sales experience, a solution focused mindset and a keen knowledge of business and social networks in the local and corporate Southern California markets. Of central importance is the ability to identify and articulate sales strategies to expand business and revenue opportunities for this segment. The Senior Sales Manager will collaborate with many partners on a daily basis including Disney Services teams, Disney Event Group, and Resort Hotel and Theme Park Operations. The ability to stay highly engaged and aware of Client needs and wants consistently and relentlessly right through to event execution will be expected.
- Actively engage in meaningful upfront discovery to learn about the Client’s event vision and needs, keeping all supporting event partners up to date with regular communications
- Bring out the Disney Difference the Clients expect at every touchpoint; starting with their first planning interaction to post-event check-ins and follow ups
- Be a guest-centric, solution driver approach in all internal and external interactions
- Achieve annual sales goals by developing and delivering your individual sales plan while understanding and contributing toward the greater team goal
- Actively develop new sales initiatives with expected business growth
- Host site inspections, preplanning meetings and product orientations as part of the event building opportunity
- Manage contract process and stay close to deadlines, and payment and credit processes
- Accountable for timely forecasting, tracking and reporting of sales and contracts
- Develop meeting opportunities through new business outreach, sales calls, tradeshow and other sales activities as needed
- Create and maintain internal relationships to collaborate in decision-making, problem-solving and sharing information with clients, peers and partners
- Maintain TWDC standards of safety, professional and personally represent TWDC with the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in the hotel sales or catered events industry
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated strong client management and partnering abilities.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of assigned market and events including processes and work flows
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment and willingness to learn new software applications
- Proven social and networking skills/cultural sensitivity/diversity.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to discover, understand and communicate Client needs, effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Verbal Spanish language skills
- Developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of the Disney brand, its product offerings and understanding of the local competitive marketplace
- Understanding of Wilson Learning’s The Counselor Sales approach
- Proven knowledge and expertise with variety of computer programs including operations software, Excel, SAP, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to make sales presentations to multiple ranges of group size
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent