We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to join our Global Airports division. This position will be based in North America and will cover the North America (US & Canada) region. You will be a self-motivated person with high-energy and the assertiveness to oversee the commercial relationships between Global Airports and its customers.
Responsible for the sale of company products and/or services to assigned accounts or within a given region. Develops contacts with existing and potential customers. Understand existing and anticipated customer requirements and identify company products and services to fill such requirements.
- Manage and lead the North America’s Airport Sales and Account Team and help them successfully meet their sales goals. Be accountable to achieve near and long-term sales and financial objectives.
- Deliver on sales goals for the entire business unit. This includes pursuit of new customers, renewals and add-ons.
- Lead, coach, and measure his/her direct reports.
- Develop a rapport with key decision makers within the Airport and Airline community and lead all sales efforts as they relate to North America’s Airports.
- Develop strategic new bookings and revenue within the current customer base by maintaining a strong executive level relationship and making customers aware of new products, product enhancements and services being offered by Collins Aerospace.
- Develop new business with new clients and sell new solutions to Collins Aerospace to expand our business.
- Keep current on all competitive activities as well as any new entrants to the marketplace.
- Represent Collins Aerospace at Airports-related industry forums. Articulate and promote Collins Aerospace positions on governance and business issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships at executive level with industry and customer organizations. Leverage those relationships to enhance Collins Aerospace standing and to exchange information on trends and strategies.
- Lead and mentor a team of 7+ in the areas of Sales and Account Management.
- Be open and transparent, communicative and collaborative.
- Ensure a sense of ownership and urgency within the organization.
- Set objectives and measure achievement regularly.
- Assist and support the business unit with preparing capture plans and acting as capture team leader.
- Ensuring that sales pipeline remains full with projects and qualified business opportunities; this includes ensuring SalesForce.com is kept current and accurate.
- Fifteen or more years of sales or related industry experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in the Aviation industry, specifically airport and airline operations.
- Possess experience leading sales/marketing teams.
- Possess experience with services-based sales solutions.
- Familiarity with managed IT services offerings.
- Ability to work collaboratively with line organizations in establishing goals, objectives, and communicating progress.
- Proven ability in representing a company to potential customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Possess a clear understanding of key performance indicators, such as financial, technical, and quality.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess experience in writing proposals and winning business via competitive tenders/request for proposals.
- Ability to develop new business opportunities from existing customer relationships.
- Possess enthusiasm and passion, with the proven track record to seek and identify opportunities within a given market and close sales.
- Possess experience with SalesForce.com.
- This position requires extensive travel (approx. 50%).
- Ability to quickly grasp the technology and product concepts to translate their value to customers.
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing business environment and priorities. Must be skilled at complex problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Typically requires a BA/BS degree or equivalent. MBA desirable.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and willnot be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran statusor any other protected status.
Job ID 16315