The SENIOR SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling utilizing tools such as Knowland, CoStar, Travelclick.
- Leverage resources through Hilton Sales Worldwide
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting fun monthly outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive, impactful and measureable action plans
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
- Willing to take a stand if necessary when complying with policies in the best interest of our internal and external customers, and fiscal responsibility
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Proactively seeks out new assignments and challenges and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions, takes lead on implementation
- Able to problem solve, reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up – thorough, accurate and timely!
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
- Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible management experience in Group Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel; OR 4 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 5 years of experience in Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional area.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Experience with SalesPro and Hilton OnQ is preferred.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment