Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This position leads large team of experienced Sales professionals or sales team leaders, overseeing short to mid term Sales strategy implementation, sales performance (quotas), and customer relationships as well as development of new business. Develops processes and policies in support of the Sales strategy and function through influencing external and internal customers.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and implement a region/zone sales strategy to achieve the organization’s short and long-term sales goals.
- Establish the sales objective, policies, standards & schedules to ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
- Ensure the establishment & development of relationship between the organization & the customer.
- Responsible for the coordinating the sales activity of the organization inclusive of the following functions: sales distribution, supply & control, quality assurance, accounting & administration.
- Oversees the management of existing customer relationships and ensures new customers are contacted to discuss their needs and how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Provides guidance on strategically important target accounts to support & coach the team. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities (at times).
- Creates annual budget and sales forecasts for appropriate business.
- Creates reports on market trends, consumer habits and competitive activities to keep leadership informed on new products pricing, changes in the market and provide recommendations to customers based on this information. Customer facing and selling role (quotas).
- Designs and executes marketing and sales strategies, policies, and programs for company products.
- Prospects, develops, expands and maintains business.
- Strategically positions product offerings to maximize revenue.
- Responds to proposal requests from customers and develops proposals for presentation to customers.
- Performs, forecasting for respective channel, customer group, or territory.
- Manages various channels to increase product awareness and education.
- Coordinates account resources with internal stakeholders.
- May buy, sell, or redeploy assets and parts.
- 50% Travel to US locations.
- Minimum of 8+ years' of sales and marketing experience in the aerospace industry.
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
- Proven track record of success in building customer relationships, closing sales and meeting sales goals.
Education: Requirements – Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 8+ years' experiencerequired.
- Advanced Degree with a minimum of 7+ years' experiencepreferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.