Senior Sales Executive - Medicare Group Retiree Benefits - New Business Sales
This position is an individual contributor senior sales role. It is a "hunter" for new business sales, selling to C-Suite clientele for Group Medicare benefits.
We are hiring a Hunter for New Business Sales for our Medicare Group Retiree Benefits.
This opportunity is open to Work From Home across the US. Preferred candidates will be in the western/ central territory. We are willing to consider candidates based on your location. Aetna offers a competitive base pay, excellent commission structure, benefits and 401K.
- Strategically analyze then approach target accounts. Profile employer targets, partner with consultants to penetrate new business opportunities, prioritize and qualify leads and build strategic relationships with customers. Be effective at developing strong external relationships at the C Suite level
- Directly work with implementation and planning for Group Medicare Clients
- Create, maintain and strengthen strategic relationships with national benefits consulting firms
- Contribute to and execute annual business plans with a focus on consultant strategy, proactive-target marketing and proactive-client engagement initiatives
- Lead all aspects of the sales process, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management
- Develop customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/ customer planning process that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear plan for success.
- Develop and promote effective internal cross organizational relationships and external market relationships in order to drive sales and exceed assigned sales quota
- Retains profitably growth firm volumes, sales and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships
- Participate in appropriate activities prior to sale to gain insight on Customer culture and begin building, maintaining and growing relationships with senior strategic key decision makers; actively engage strategic clients and consultant meeting events which lead to increased revenue
- Identify, target and sell large customers that offer retiree benefits that are not currently an Aetna customer
- Meet with brokers, consultants and strategic clients to ascertain needs, present proposals and achieve targeted close rates
- Develops weekly pipeline and engages specific sales pursuits internally and externally
- Utilize knowledge of industry trends and regulatory environment to assess and anticipate client needs and requirements
- Work with marketing and otherinternal business partners to promote sales and sales efforts while driving successful business results
- Manage customer's transition from the Business Development group during customer implementation
- Coordinates development of customized offerings with Product Development, Pricing, Regulatory, Legal and otherinternal departments; ensures compliance with company, state regulatory and policy requirements
Background & Experience:
- This position requires a high level of professionalism, stellar communication skills, executive presence and ability to fully adopt our industry
- 6-8+ years experience in demonstrated sales and account management experience with large national accounts, preferably selling to C Suite clientele highly preferred
- Understanding of government programs, such as Medicare products
- Prior demonstrated sales and account management experience in health solutions is highly preferred
- Proven ability to establish, build and maintain C Suite level relationships where benefit decisions are made
- Strong self-starter with ability to develop and work an external pipeline at the C Suite level
- Demonstrated ability to conduct sales presentations and interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to create presentations and discussion guides that support strategic customer dialogues
- Must be a proven hunter in establishing new client relationships
- Comfortable with cold calling
- Excel in qualifying prospects, pipeline management, generating revenue, acquiring customers and meeting and exceeding sales quotas, metrics and goals
- Sales License
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.