We are the world's leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. In this position, you will support the Global Forwarding division of DHL that manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain.
As a Senior Sales Executive, you will act as a bridge between our customers and our business units using a consultative selling strategy to understand the customers' business, including their current situation and their future direction, and propose a series of solutions and capabilities that exceed their needs and enhance their ability to drive improved business results.
You will be responsible for gaining new business as well as keeping and growing existing customers in line with DHL's strategies to ensure the growth of DHL Global Forwarding within an assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Win, retain and develop medium-sized Business Customers through sales "hunting" activity, correctly assessing the prospective account as Profitable, Significant or Strategic in order to secure winning bids.
- Maximize sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
- Builds rapport and trust with customers by being informed about customer's business and the market and support customer retention through collaboration with all resources including our Product teams, Trade Lane Managers, other sales channels, and local Station Management.
- Recommend solutions based on customer needs by using industry knowledge
- Engage in organizing and supporting customer workshops intended to share information across diverse subjects such as Import brokerage compliance regulations, new product offerings, and other training intended to benefit the client
- Use networks within the various Sales channels within Deutsche Post DHL to collaborate on customers, marketing strategies and offers a full supply chain of services to service customer needs
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily (required).
Your skills and experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems, and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Knowledge of international commercial transportation (air and ocean freight required)
- Bachelor degree desired
- 2+ Experience acquiring and winning new business and new customers.