The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and evaluating all field sales activities within an assigned territory. Directly own Key Decision Maker sales relationships within territory and responsible for executing product, channel and program sales initiatives at the field level. Promote and service Kohler Co. plumbing products through distributors to builders, plumbers, contractors, other specifiers and users in accordance with established company goals, policies, and procedures. Prepares annual sales forecast. Will be assigned special assignments and projects by Branch Managers. Channel focus may vary based on strategic sales goals and opportunities within the market as defined by the Branch and Business Development management teams.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with distributor accounts in assigned territory to introduce and promote the sale of Kohler Co. plumbing products in accordance with company goals and policies.
- Provide guidance and review the activities of distributor sales personnel; provide training and assist in resolving specific questions or problems related to selling efforts or technical issues.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with plumbing contractors, general contractors, builders, architects, plumbers and engineers to inform them of the advantages of using Kohler Co. plumbing products and to motivate them towards specifying Kohler Co. plumbing products for their customers.
- Analyze and evaluate assigned accounts regarding sales trends and potentials, competition, economic/business conditions, and performance; recommend changes in sales programs and customers to make territory more effective in meeting sales volume quotas.
- Develop annual Distributor Account Plan with each account to determine marketing, sales, training, showroom, promotional and advertising plans for following year.
- Work in conjunction with Kohler sales team consisting of other Sales Execs, Branch Managers and Business Development Managers. Also work closely with sales, marketing and customer service departments in Kohler.
- Conduct account warehouse and on-site consumer inspections as required; service account and customer complaints regarding product quality, installation or performance.
- Attend and participate in Company sales meetings and trade or industry meetings, shows and conventions to increase knowledge of Kohler Co. plumbing products, improve selling techniques and cultivate good working relationships with accounts and product users.
- Owns all channels including distribution within assigned geography.
- As directed by the Branch Sales Manager, responsible for multiple channels or specific market segments within assigned geography and corresponding channel activities.
- Prepare various correspondence, reports and forms related to daily activities, expenses, claims, etc.
- Manage pricing programs in territory according to established company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Sales, Business Administration or Marketing.
- 5-10 years of sales experience with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results is required along with consistent level of performance as a sales professional meeting or exceeding objectives.
- Must possess excellent skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts.
- Travel to trade shows, manufacturing plants, and customer visits as needed, approximately 10 - 30%.