Eaton’s North America Electrical Sales (NAS) Utility Vertical is seeking a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer can be based out of a home office in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma.
The Sales Engineer has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Sales Engineer will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted market area. Extensive knowledge of the market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary objective is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions. Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction. Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins.
- Support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management.
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers. Implement new product programs as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
- Provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for representation of EATON (Power Systems) within assigned territory maintaining contacts with established customers and distributors for the purpose of selling a wide range of electrical equipment from highly complex, technical protection and control equipment to standard installation equipment.
- Represents Company’s complete line of electricaldistribution and transmission products.
- Customer contacts are with the utilities' engineering, purchasing, operations, and supply chain planning departments. Planning contacts involve the determination of future activities involving Cooper Power Systems' equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining executive contacts at utilities and with distributor principals.
- Ability to work with all levels of utility and distributor personnel to sell and support products as well as to understand the customer’s business needs.
- Develops and execute sales plans to meet orders, share, revenue, margin, and expense budget objectives.
- Responsible for creating and implementing short and long term sales strategies for all product lines to exceed growth objectives.
- Participate and lead in complex technical and commercial negotiations.
- Identify new business opportunities within sales territory and directs and develops tactical sales plans, forecasts, and updates to take advantage of opportunities.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, including sales, marketing, engineering, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7years electrical industry sales/marketingexperience
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No sponsorship is being offered for this role. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of electrical industry experience in sales/marketing
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Prefer significant salesexperience to perform major account responsibilities (Distributor or IOU)
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships.
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid communication skills, analytical capabilities, and technically proficient
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 042770