Our client is an industrial distributor of major manufacturers of generators and associated control equipment. They sell, service, install, repair and rent emergency and prime power generator sets in the residential, industrial and commercial markets
· Selling Sales Engineer will be a key player in driving sales by providing value to the customer through with a high level of customer service, technical expertise and product knowledge.
· Provide guidance and assistance in developing solutions and specifications to address the customer's generator and emergency power needs.
· Work with the Branch Manager and the sales team by providing quotations for customer orders, customer service and support, technical support, order management, after-sales support and sourcing new business and sales opportunities.
- Call on contractors, engineers and end-users to drive market penetration, top line revenue and engineer specification rate.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers.
- Provide quotes on various products the company offers to clients.
- Support engineers with technical expertise to drive specification rate.
- Interpret job specifications and project drawings.
- Develop quotations and price the job to the customer accordingly.
- Represent company in negotiations with customers.
- Follow up with the customer and offer assistance with the opportunity.
- Provide details for inside order processing.
- Procure applicable factory discounts when needed to help secure orders.
- Maintain customer communication throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- Communicate and clarify with the engineering and design team regarding customer order specifications for each job.
- Maintain customer contact by conducting site visits.
- Answer customer inquiries and provide regular project updates to Managers.
- Perform other support duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field
- Five years of sales engineering experience
- Technical and mechanical skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communications skills both written and oral
- Excellent understanding of company products and services and possess the ability to present this information to the non-technical audience and customers
- Knowledge and experience with generator standards for NFPA 110 applications.
- Knowledge of equipment testing and listing standards.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Disciplined and systematic problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical analysis skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Professional business-like manner
- Local travel is required for this position with potential for occasional overnight travel within the U.S.
- Owning a car is preferable.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background screening