Magnetic's media platform connects marketers and agencies with hundreds of millions of users, putting their advertisements in front of those who best engage with their brands. Magnetic Force, our new self serve interface, brings control directly to them, putting the keyboard and control in their hands. Help us understand the needs of our clients, build long-lasting relationships, and put the power of the platform at the tips of our users' fingertips.
As a sales engineer, you'll connect directly with our customers in order to deeply understand their needs, both business and technical. You'll work directly with our sales team to help potential new prospects understand how our product works, and how it differs from other platforms with which they might be familiar. You'll communicate proficiently about technical features of the platform, and persuasively present how Magnetic Force can help build true value for brands and agencies. Alongside our account management team, you'll also help build healthy continuing relationships with existing clients, and work closely with our product team to ensure that all of Magnetic's clients have their voices heard.
- Serve as a primary resource for strong, long-running technical relationships with experienced marketing and advertising clients
- Understand client needs, how Magnetic's existing solutions can satisfy those needs, and how our platform should continue to evolve to benefit future needs
- Help create technical sales materials that explain Magnetic's technology to its customers in an understandable (and transparent) way
- Contribute to pre-sales discussions with sales members by consulting with potential customers on the features and functionality offered
- Maintain a keen interest in the market, know how Magnetic’s platform capabilities address current major concerns, and be engaged in relevant communities
- Be recognized as an expert in how digital advertising technology should be most efficiently used to create high-value outcomes for brands
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and a desire to directly connect with end-users and customers
- 5+ years of Sales Engineering experience on a platform or subscription based service
- Experience with a modern backend programming language: Python (preferable), Ruby, C#, Node.JS, and an appreciation of software architectural principles
- Extensive prior DSP, DMP, Cross-Device vendor, or other ad tech platform experience
- A deep understanding of the ad tech + marketing tech space
- Strong analytical skills -- giving you the confidence to assemble robust working solutions around the specific demands and limitations of clients
- An understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Experience with web analytics, web optimization, or digital marketing management in general are valuable related skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences, Economics or related.