GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by top-tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Intel Capital, TOTVS and others. For more information visit our website and follow GoodData on Twitter and LinkedIn.
GoodData is searching for a Senior Sales Engineer to support the field sales organization. The Senior Sales Engineer's primary responsibility is to represent GoodData Analytics platform in the most appropriate way to prospects and customers that builds credibility and trust in GoodData's technology while addressing any objections and hurdles in the sales cycle.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business needs and pain points into an analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry, domain and client dynamics.
- Work with prospect's leaders to come up with an analytics roadmap that blends into the company's overall goals and strategic objectives and map those to GoodData platform capabilities.
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with prospects and customers by working with varying levels of their business and technical team members.
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle: creating high quality professional presentations, custom demos, proof of concepts, deliver technical deep dive sessions & workshops, differentiate GoodData from competition, answering RFI, RFPs, etc.
- Share product and solution knowledge with internal teams and shared communities.
- Minimum 5+ years of client facing experience in a pre-sale or post sales capacity (Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant) with a Enterprise Analytics vendor, Professional Services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group of a F100, or similar environment.
- Experience in Financial Services; might consider healthcare as a distant second
- Some Analytics experience / knowledge (projects, tools like IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau)
- Client-facing and/or enterprise-sales experience (pre sales is preferable but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to develop simple solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and technical teams.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges to engineers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to uncover the key business value and formulate a ROI/TCO to help prospect's executive team to justify the investment.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Lumira), BI tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Cognos), ETL Tools (Informatica, SnapLogic, Talend, Clover)
- Background in computer science, analytics, data science, statistics, applied math, operations research, machine learning, or cloud computing
- Software developer experience
- Machine Learning
- Experience with SaaS deployments, particularly embedded analytics.