Job DescriptionThe Senior Sales Engineer collaborates with Sales Teams to produce technical, architectural, and engineering deliverables that lead to uncovering opportunities and booking profitable sales. The Senior Sales Engineer is able to communicate at a detailed level about all the technologies available within First Communications as well as within the competitive industry. Deliverables include needs analysis, requirements, architecture diagrams, high level designs, detail specifications, technical presentations, RFP responses, and supplemental account commentary in the form of meeting minutes, trip reports, and account planning recommendations. This role is highly influential in leading customer to make purchasing decisions based upon sound, technical analysis. Able to communicate effectively with the executive management level down, within the SMB to Enterprise space to gain alignment and commitment. Participates in meeting preparation and presentations and is responsible for customer solution development.
Required Skills/CompetenciesCertifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of related technical experience; 5 in Sales Engineering/Support Required
- Requirements include experience in Hosted PBX and Hosted VoIP Solution Design and Support, preferably with Broadsoft VoIP platform
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Services (such as managed security, cloud computing, virtualization, asset tracking, and Hosted IP), networking/telecommunications and/or voice/data communications technology.
- Experience working in a solutions sales organization with an advanced understanding of sales cycles and solutions selling process; formal training in strategic value selling a plus or utilizing concepts of Winning Account Strategies.
- Experience with Installations, Migrations, Systems Integration, and Operations.
- Certifications: CCNP or equivalent experience. VMware’s VSP & VTSP preferred. CISA or Security related certification preferred. Examples: Comp TIA Network+, SSCP, GSEC, CCSP. CISSP a strong plus.
- Effective Solutions Sales Capabilities: Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications including proposal development, delivery, and RFP responses.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to independently develop relationships and communicate with high level internal and external technical staff.
- Proven Presentation Skills: Able to design and present highly technical concepts and specifics solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Ability to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus with the prospect.
- Ability to influence several cross functional departments to gain alignment and to drive design solutions with the appropriate organizations.
- Able to quickly and accurately assess current operations, identify design flaws, and build consensus on both a proposed solution and plan of action.
- Has experience estimating work effort for complex technical solution design and delivery. Track record of on-time, on-budget delivery. Can plan resources, time, and costs; explain variances. Effectively manages change at all stages of the sale, delivery, and in operations.
- Able to independently assess performance and service level agreements against both business needs and expected results.
- Creates technology white paper at least two times per year on First Communications’ technology to be shared both within Sales Engineering and with clients and prospects.