The HR team at Mitchell is an engaged and tight-knit group that is dedicated to moving our business forward. We are looking for an experienced Benefits Analyst 3 for our Corporate Benefits and Wellness team. This important role will perform benefit administration, as well as financial and operational analysis of Mitchell’s benefit and wellness programs. We are looking for a new team member that has a passion for supporting employees in their journey to improve their health, wealth and self.
- Liaise between benefit vendors/carriers with respect to plan eligibility, participation, coverage, compliance matters and other benefit matters.
- Confer with internal clients, outside consultants, attorneys, third party administrators, benefit record keepers, and carriers to furnish or request necessary data, discuss problems of mutual interest, and otherwise assure proper coordination of areas of assignment.
- Responsible for annual open enrollment process. Including: system configuration, coordination of consultants, updating annual benefit documentation, and employee communication.
- Manage leave of absence process. Including: managing LOA vendor, partnering with payroll and HR Business Partners, and employee communication
- Leads integration of benefits for acquired companies including cost and plan design analysis and communication development.
- Prepares materials for defined contribution audits and annual reporting.
- Participate in the reconciliation and issuance of benefit payments to benefit vendors and benefit carriers.
- Work with internal and external data systems to analyze and report on benefit plans.
- Develop and issue benefit plan communications to plan participants.
- Prepare materials (memos, spreadsheets, charts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) for senior management’s use at various committee meetings.
- Assists in the administration and development of wellness programs designed to improve employee health and well-being.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in employee benefits analysis including Health & Welfare. 401k and vendor management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge with California and Federal leave of absence laws.
- Project management, data analysis and technical skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication (employee communications, presentations and program marketing materials).
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer focus.
- Advanced Excel and HRIS reporting (UltiPro a plus), Sharepoint.