The Sales Engineering department is a hybrid of sales and tech savvy individuals. These team members visit our clients and demonstrate how our products work after the Sales team has engaged their interest. You'll have a balance of self-management and collaboration with several other departments to help close the deal and expand our clientele.
The Senior Sales Engineer partners with our team's field sales representatives to develop account-winning strategies while providing support in closing business. The primary focus of this role will be delivering functional and technical expertise to facilitate the presentation, scoping and closing of deals.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales Engineering and will be a remote/work from home opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Work closely with field sales on overall account strategy and sales process standard to gain efficiency and drive velocity
- Develop a technical strategy to include integration with common back office systems, workflow processes definition and configuration recommendations
- Prepare and present assessment findings to prospects and clients to validate sales opportunity and advance sales based on ROI
- Deliver functional solution demonstrations to persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Respond to technical components of RFIs and RFPs to validate decision criteria
- Eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive solutions
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to support lead generation activities and to generate product collateral which supports the sales effort
- Collaborate with Product Management to help drive future product functionality based on market needs
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of product, industry and market trends
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of pre-sales consulting experience for software solutions
- Exceptional business acumen and a clear understanding of the sales process
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as an aptitude for sales
- Knowledge of key industry and business processes
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams at varying resource levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to validate customer issues through inquiry while providing insight, efficiency and value
- Ability to present technologies as business solutions with competitive and hands-on knowledge
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree desired, preferably in Business or a technical field