Solutions Architect - Processes Engineer R0002512
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (no relocation package offered)
Employment Status: Must be a U.S. Citizen
Job Description: Do you want to become part of a ground-breaking, hardworking, highly engaged team on the ground floor of an evolving department? Do you thrive in ambiguity? Do you want to be part of a growth-oriented team that can take existing people-led processes and merge it into complex technological solutions that will result in faster and higher quality products for our world-class client base?
Our growth initiatives team oversees the enhancement of our core product while developing new products solutions. The growth initiatives team manages the deployment of new services from inception through client delivery. If you have the personality to pioneer new process and documentation build outs, mapping, and can implement the processes plan towards streamlining department innovations, we need you on our team!
We are looking for a creative Solutions Architect/Engineer to collaborate with product, technology, and operations teams to build out and implement the operations plan while ensuring process documentation is updated and accurate. The Solutions Architect will collaborate with product on technology design, manage implementation operations in conjunction with our operations team, and partner withsales and client services stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS: You should have 5 to 10 years of experience in Solutions Engineering or working as a Solutions Architect. You will be highly organized and able to build out systems that will document processes with built-in continuous improvement and strong reporting capabilities to track and monitor the evolution of the product and progress. You will be able to identify and resolve deficiencies. You will be able to work both collaboratively with team members to decipher complex mapping, documentation and reporting, and to work independently within a wide runway to help determine the technological path to success. We require all of the following:
- 5+ years of experience with strong abilities in process mapping, process evaluation, process design and process documentation
- Exposure to general data analytics, training, and implementations with pilot projects.
- Proven track record of exerting influence on product and technology teams
- A Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university; an advanced degree, including an J.D., MBA or applicable MA or PhD, is preferred from a top 75 University
- Project management certification preferred; knowledge of agile methodology useful
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Visio and project
- 2+ years in a product or project management role within a product organization
- Specific experience in big data analytics, SaaS product, credit servicing, legal practice and bankruptcy and/or distressed investing is highly valuable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional, calm demeanor
- Innate project leadership with a desire for accountability and responsibilities to promote the success of the company
- Passion, a positive outlook, strong work-ethic and desire to achieve
- Experience in new product & process implementation
- Experience developing training programs and materials for clients & internal stakeholders
- Desire to partner with and exert influence towards our product and technology teams
- Analyze, design, organize, implement, manage and lead new and developing Growth Initiatives processes and services to satisfy strategic vision
- Own solution design from a holistic perspective, including process mapping, iteration, and training while combining our technology and people processes
- Challenge assumptions and status quo to ensure successful implementation of plans
- Identify internal and external customer requirements using techniques including data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
- Solicit requirements through subject matter expertise, industry information and research, interviews, workshops and existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and distinguish true needs and wants. Translate business and strategic requirements to functional requirements and tasks
- Identify and develop financial requirements, including cost forecasting on an absolute basis and relative to revenue, cost savings and/or risk reduction opportunities
- Work closely with key business partners and subject matter experts in the testing, training and support of functional requirements
- Maintain focus on process design and implementation. Manage risks throughout plan and process life cycle, make contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, adapt process during delivery
- Set and measure achievement of comprehensive qualitative and quantitative goals for new and developing product processes, including on a task and process level across time, throughput and quality criteria, as well as financial criteria
- Represent and lead, and otherwise participate in, initiatives on behalf of AACER in connection with Product and Software Development
- Lead solutions analysis and recommend executable operations solutions in support of Sales proposals and related Client Services implementation, and collaborate with operations in related implementation
- Collaborate with Sales and Client Services to support achievement of Sales and Client Services goals, including through in-person client meetings
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the Director of Operations on matters for which the Business Process Engineer is responsible and accountable
? RequiredQualifications and Characteristics
- Demonstrable competency in process design, product management and deal launch/implementation
- Advanced understanding of data analysis and operations performance metrics, as well as strong working knowledge of information technology and product development
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records