Imagine yourself on an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. At Intelsat General, we reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As a critical member of our team, you will define new products and services with the performance, features, and flexibility required to meet the US Army’s growing communications requirements, open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams, ensure the most reliable, and secure communications globally.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You will focus exclusively on new business and new account acquisition, developing prospects through individual efforts. Key areas include the United States Army PEO-C3T, Army Research Laboratory, Army Futures Command, and subordinate agencies/units that require satellite services and solutions. You’ll be responsible for developing and growing Government Service revenues while establishing Intelsat General as a leading supplier of satellite and managed services supporting ground, maritime and aviation requirements for US Army.
- You’ll promote and sell products and/or services/solutions to new customers at all levels, and then grow those accounts as the account manager for ongoing and future services and renewals. You will lead the acquisition of new clients and focuses on winning deals to meet revenue and profit objectives.
- In pursuit of the above objectives you will work closely with business units, marketing and sales teams. Provide reports to Intelsat General management on status of current activities and advise on customer strategy map initiatives and current/future needs, regional priorities, sales activities and opportunities. Participate in organization-sponsored events and campaigns.
You should definitely have:
- A university degree with at least 10-years of experience in sales within the telecommunications and/or satellite communications industry (an advanced degree and 8 years of stated experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of the Army PEO-C3T programs and requirements
- Knowledge of and familiarity with United States Army communications tactics, techniques and procedures, training methods, and battlefield C4ISR applications is critical
- United States Citizenship is required. Applicants who are not US Citizens will not be considered for this role
- You will already possess or be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD security clearance at the Secret level or as required for the role
- The ability to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines, with well-developed organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
- A track record of selling (highly) complex and high dollar value product/services and managing a medium to large customer base within US Army
- Effective written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to make decisions, drive for results, and be proactive
It would be nice if you had:
- Proven track record of independently closing high dollar value deals
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership and ability to influence stakeholder decisions
- Excellent knowledge of business, strategizing, and analysis techniques
- Possess technical competence with tools, software, operations, and project management
- Solution oriented with ability to design complex communications solutions to meet customer requirements
- Additional language skills
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 50 lbs