Position : Regional Solution EngineerLocation : Chicago (or Central & Eastern US)
If you have passion for solving customer problems leveraging the best solutions available on the market then read on. The person who secures this role will have an opportunity to contribute to one of the most important transformations in the history of Oracle. Would you like to be a part of that?
The Regional Solution Engineer should first and foremost be a very motivated individual who is highly skilled at analyzing a broad range of complex customer challenges; architecting solutions using Oracle's best-in-class Cloud solutions; and leading a team of peers to execute multiple customer events that will yield an Oracle win. Beyond that, he or she should have the experience, aptitude and interest to provide deep product coverage for Oracle Cloud ERP solutions, most notably core financial management applications.
Your two key objectives are:
Solution Architecture Work
- Apply your problem solving skills to architect cross-functional solutions and orchestrate multiple SEs to position Oracle as the best option available.
- Apply your expert-level knowledge of Oracle ERP Cloud products to create competitive differentiation by positioning these solutions in a compelling way.
In this capacity you will partner with a sales representative for the duration of an opportunity - from the moment Solution Engineering is engaged until the final follow-up events are complete. In this partnership you will analyze the opportunity; help formulate the strategy to win; collaborate with your peers on solution and demo design/approach; engage other internal and external teams to most effectively pursue the opportunity; and orchestrate all SE-related tasks and events.
Due to the high degree of involvement in virtually every aspect of an opportunity, this position requires strong business and IT acumen; a solid understanding of all ERP/SCM/EPM business functions and the way they interoperate; awareness of other related business functions, including CX and HCM; and the ability to manage complex, multi-step projects involving multiple internal and external groups and teams.Product Coverage Work
In this capacity you will serve as domain expert in one or more ERP-related product areas. The primary responsibility is to cover Oracle Cloud Financial applications, but knowing other related solutions with natural touch points - including Cloud Projects and Procurement - is highly desirable as it will translate into more opportunity to contribute.
As domain expert, you will be responsible for supporting standalone opportunities and also for working with peers on more complex opportunities. In this capacity, you will conduct all typical pre-sales activities, including: respond to RFPs; meet with functional stakeholders to understand the way they're conducting their functions today; extract value drivers to formulate points of view regarding return on investment; deliver compelling demos; and through this collection of interactions, create for the customer a vision for a better tomorrow with Oracle's solutions.
Regional Solution Engineer - Solution Architecture Tasks
- Contribute to account and opportunity reviews in which internal and external data is leveraged to identify and refine potential sales opportunities.
- Engage in discussions with customers concerning a variety of business challenges in order to identify key macro-level pain points that could justify funding a project.
- Help Sales qualify opportunities so that pre-sales investments are being made in the right pursuits.
- Evaluate alternative solutions available across the Oracle portfolio.
- Create roadmaps that convey how customers can, over time, improve the way they conduct business with Oracle Cloud-based solutions.
- Leverage the talents of a numerous SE resources - regional, product-focused, value-oriented, and message-based - to create competitive differentiation.
- Lead a diverse set of Oracle resources to successfully execute a variety customer-related events, including RFI/RFP responses, executive presentations, surveys, validations, demos, and follow-up.
- Mentor other SEs who are learning the skills needed to effectively architect solutions and lead deals.
- Assist with demand generation activities related to the solutions you architect.
Regional Solution Engineer - Product Coverage Tasks
- Build and maintain expert-level knowledge of Oracle Cloud Financials functionality and the related underlying architecture.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest Cloud ERP capabilities -- along with the solution's future roadmap.
- Interact with customer stakeholders across all Cloud ERP functional disciplines - Finance, Procurement, Project Mgmt, and Risk Mgmt - to understand their key issues and goals.
- Capture value drivers in order to quantify potential return on investment.
- Answer RFIs and RFPs to represent Oracle Cloud solutions in the most favorable light possible.
- Identify gaps in the Oracle solution and formulate alternative approaches to addressing the related requirements.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and world-class demos that address complex business problems... including overviews, end-to-end flows, and role-based day-in-the-life scenarios.
- Convey clearly - and with conviction - the benefits and differentiators of Oracle's solutions.
- Mentor other SEs who are learning the solutions for which you are a recognized expert.
- Assist with demand generation activities related to the products you cover.
Regional Solution Engineer - Common Tasks
In addition to the Solution Architecture and Product Coverage specific tasks listed above, the following things are expected:
- Contribute to various non-deal related projects associated with Oracle's Cloud solutions.
- Collaborate with your peers to ensure that we leverage and share best practices across the broader Oracle SE community.
- Create and maintain relationships with key solution stakeholders like Product Marketing, Development, Strategy, and partners.
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic disposition during all internal events and customer interactions.
- Be resourceful and creative. Try innovative approaches and techniques.
Regional Solution Engineer - Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience with packaged applications software (e.g., pre-sales, delivery, training).
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience preferred.
- 3+ years of project management or solution architect experience preferred.
- Strong background with a combination of ERP, SCM and/or EPM applications preferred
- Experience with Oracle Applications and/or competitive solutions preferred.
- Proven track record of leading other resources to achieve a common goal.
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive in a competitive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Regional Solution Engineer - Education
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
Due to the nature of the clients and the work, US Citizens and Green Card Holders (GC) / EAD only - no work sponsorships are available currently.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran's status or any other characteristic protected by law. Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.