Stress Engineering Services Inc., is the premier provider of engineered solutions and professional engineering consulting services across all engineering disciplines serving clients since 1972. Approximately 80% of current Stress Engineering Services business is repeat or direct referral. Our company is setup to mirror the industries we serve, upstream, midstream and downstream “Practices” each having project managers and subject matter experts (SMEs) who work closely together.
The primary objectives of the sales staff is to develop new opportunities, help close outstanding proposals, as well as develop and maintain client relationships.
The sales staff work with the larger group (project managers, SMEs…) to provide active leads and and ensure that they are engaged in the sales cycle. This cooperation makes it possible to effectively use a small targeted sales group.
- Calling on refineries, chemical and petro-chemical plants, consisting of both new and established clients
- Work closely with engineers to provide solutions to our client's problems
- Grow existing and new customer relationships
- Generate project/business opportunities to meet company's business plans and growth strategies
- Collaborate with internal practice leaders and project managers to prepare and implement the company's Marketing and Business plans
- Use Sales Force to track and report status of opportunities, markets and customer news
- Promote Stress Engineering Services offerings at trade shows and conferences
- Give formal presentations and coordinate lunch and learn to clients
- Build trust among clients and employees to deliver superior client service and technical solutions
- Balancing of opportunity development and closing on outstanding inquiries
- Taking Ownership and Leadership for account base
- Weekly, reporting to the organization on the state of the region
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical/engineering services sales including experience in refining, chemical and petro-chemical plant problems and operations required
- Bachelors of Science degree is preferred but experience and success is valued and may be considered in lieu of education
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed, up to 50%, mostly along the gulf coast
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and customers required
- Active driver's license with a driving record representative of a safe driving history required
- Previous Sales Force experiencepreferred
- High Degree of self-confidence, passion, initiative, and commitment to customer service required