Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
You will be part of a high-performing Sales Operations and Strategy team and will be expected to take ownership of your area of responsibility. The ideal candidate is one who collaborates across multiple functions, explores and embraces opportunities for doing things in new ways and initiates, and/or supports, improvements in work processes to increase efficiency
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This is a highly visible position that requires extensive interaction with senior executives and staff members across sales, product management, finance, salessupport and legal. Success in this role will require establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups, building on collaboration and business thinking skills to assess requests and find solutions that meet stakeholder needs. She or he will manage the overall analysis of non-standard and complex deals including discounting, deal structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning. In addition, she or he will add strategic value by highlighting process inefficiencies, identifying process improvements, automating where possible and integrating workflows with existing programs for continuous improvement and business process re-engineering.
· Streamline the process for non-standard deal approvals (e.g. thresholds and rules, approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow)
· Analyze quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to optimize profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure
· Build self-service Deal Calculator (financial model,) Deal Desk FAQs/training materials and a scorecard to track all non-standard proposals (won & lost deals)
· Function as a Product Owner and SME for Salesforce.com Deal Desk cases, CPQ, Contract Lifecycle and other related software automation projects
· Host all Deal Desk & Deal Council meetings; prepare proposals for review and gradually shift approval responsibility from executives to Deal Desk
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
· Education/ Certifications: Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance or related field
· Minimum years of experience: 6 – 9 years as a Deal Analyst Pricing Analyst, Financial Analyst, or member of a Sales Strategy or Sales Operations team.
· Advanced business writing – role interacts with senior executives requiring professional caliber writing for emails, presentations and training materials
· Advanced MS Office knowledge, especially Excel skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in excel modeling – ability to describe several examples of previous work experience where candidate build an Excel workbook with an Inputs tab, tabs with datasets, a tab with calculations and an Output tab.
· Ability to create simple models analyzing revenue, cost, and margin (advanced modeling a plus)
· Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
· Adept at prioritization (time management, managing multiple projects) and understanding sense of urgency
· Advanced analytical skills and ability to distill complex analyses for senior leadership consumption
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, influencing and presentation skills
· Experience with Salesforce.com providing business insights and recommendations
· Focus on achieving results, breaking down barriers & silos, and sharing credit
· Knowledge of revenue recognition, contract management, and deal structures.
· Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
· Experience delivering impactful training and presentations to Sales on an ongoing basis
· Experience implementing and using cutting edge financial modeling applications
· Experienced change agent
· Previous experience in analyzing complex revenue-generating sales opportunities
· Proficient in Salesforce.com
· Salesforce CPQ/Steelbrick/Apptus/Contract Automation software experience a plus
· Possesses a natural curiosity to ask questions, learn, and challenge the status quo
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work and interact well with others, able to develop and maintain positive working relationships
· Easily manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously
· Experience in contract/legal negotiations