The Senior Sales Analyst will provide reporting and analytical support to the National Sales Department. This position will participate in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and management reporting in support of National Sales and agency performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support National Sales Department and specialty National Sales managers, such as Distal Extremities, Biologics, Arthroplasty and Imaging & Resection with routine and ad-hoc financial and sales data analysis and reporting.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with the following departments in support of agency operations: AXIS (Salesforce CRM), Business Portal, Redspot (Field Inventory Management System), Customer Master Data team, Field Operations, Business Optimization, Agency Billing Services and National Accounts.
- Monitor relevant KPIs/trends/events impacting National Sales and agencies and incorporate this information into forecasts and analyses.
- Support sales driven initiatives, including the development of U.S. agency quotas, sales promotions, and commission rule adjustments.
- Correspond with agency owners/management regarding: the approval of payment terms on agency purchases, deductions from commissions for agency fees and expenses, and ad-hoc analysis and sales reporting support.
- Prepare and analyze agency P&L data.
- Calculate, analyze and communicate deductions from agency commissions.
- Provide support and training for the business intelligence and reporting and analytics tools available to internal users within the National Sales Department, as well as external agency users.
- Gather and organize financial data for the National Sales Department in preparation for regular leadership reviews.
- Support National Sales Department with special projects / process improvement.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- 7 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in financial planning and analysis and/or accounting required
- Life science experience in multinational and relevant sector or public accounting experience with large, manufacturing clients preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong Excel modeling skills and the ability to create professional presentations is required.
- Cognos, TM1, Power BI or Salesforce Analytics experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of SAP preferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and handle simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizations and utilize resources effectively.
- Ability to travel ~5% - 10% of the time.
Machine,Tools and/or Equipment Skills:
Microsoft Office/Windows, Power BI, Cognos, TM1 and Salesforce Analytics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status