Are you someone who loves interacting with customers and closing deals? Do you thrive in an environment that puts people first and invests heavily in its team? Would you benefit from a job with autonomy, flexibility, and terrific rewards and benefits? Does a workplace with an entrepreneurial spirit get you excited?
We want to help you grow with us if this sounds like you! For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. To see career growth opportunities at Wilbur-Ellis, click the following link: https://www.wilburellis.com/career/career_map/agribusiness-sales/
Read on to learn more and apply for this role!
In a nutshell
The Agricultural Sr. Sales Agronomist manages existing accounts and attracts new customers within a defined sales territory. You’ll assist customers with the proper product selection and use of products based on specific agronomic needs. The right person in this role will become a market leader within your sales geography with solid and profitable customer relationships.
A sampling of what you’ll do in this role:
- Serve as point person to manage the support resources of the territory, including value-added nutrition, branded products, seed, purchasing, and technology, while overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives in conjunction with branch personnel
- Build a plan for sales territory growth and manage the budget, forecasting, and analysis for your region
- Develop annual business plans that optimize growth and profitability for the territory
- Establish and meet sales goals through marketing, networking, and building your knowledge of the products and market
- Be a team player, supporting your colleagues to attain branch and performance goals
- Be the primary contact between customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company, including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred
- Five years of experience in the Agricultural industry is required.
- CCA License
- Strong relationship-building skills with an ability to lead and influence
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with small and large groups
- An independent and entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to operate with minimal supervision
- Interest in expanding your experience with technology with an established acumen with Microsoft Windows and Windows applications and ERP order entry systems
- Ability to:
- travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations, or customer farms for up to 25% of the time
- work for long periods while standing
- endure outdoor climates, including hot or cold weather extremes
- bend, stoop, kneel, and lift to 40 lbs. safely and easily
The details you want to know:
- In compliance with all states and cities requiring transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $83,700 - $117,230. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for vacation, holidays, health, dental, vision, mental health, retirement plans, and other benefits.