The Corporate Safety and Health Safety, Programs and Engagement organization is a team of dedicated safety professionals committed to using their skills and experience to keep our employees safe. The Programs and Engagement safety organization works closely with all lines of business providing the vision for enterprise wide programs to meet PGE's objectives of safety and reliability. The program managers are a trusted resource for safety related information. This team also provides oversight to ensure that all contractors delivering services for the programs.
Design, develop, implement, and oversee health and safety programs in accordance with safety & health strategy which includes program marketing and immersion of programs at PG&E to change or improve employee
health, safety, and wellness. Manages activities associated with safety, wellness, and/or health programs including planning, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting effectiveness of such programs. Responsible for
organizing, leading, and facilitating cross-functional teams as well as communicating programs. Works with Safety & Health leaders to strategize and execute program initiatives; supports execution by providing tools to
leadership and health champions. Delivers presentations and training courses.
- Possesses good working knowledge of Project management
- Works with line of business leadership for leadership engagement and program implementation
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensures mutual collaboration with line of business and integrates in all levels of the organization in regard to safety.
- Serves as a liaison between the technical and practical aspect of safety and ensures implementation into the line of business.
- Frequently shares safety information to all in an impactful and results oriented way.
- Conducts trending of data to understand leading indicators of safety issues
- Communicates safety trends and recommends safety corrective actions.
- Mentors supervisors on safety process and applicable programs.
- Strategizes approach for LOB to measure success in safety measures. Provides strategic cost effective actions.
- Utilizes trending analysis to identify and mitigates actions to correct gaps. Introduces and implements innovative solutions with impact to correct gaps. Communicates opportunities for improvement.
- Delivers safety training and measures the effectiveness of training. Partners with learning academy to improve training quality.
- Serves as a resource for the development, implementation, and sustainability of the various companywide initiatives. (Culture, near hit, grassroots, ergonomics, etc)
- Conducts gap analysis of Safety programs.
- Helps develop and implement new safety programs
- Conducts field and driver observations.
- May provide guidance to lower level Safety Specialists
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5 Years' experience in safety, ergo, biomechanics, Proficiency in office suite
- Advanced knowledge of PG&E safety procedures, the Code of Safe Practices and organizational safety-related processes and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of CalOSHA general industry and construction safety orders and other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, FedOSHA, etc)
- Ability to interpret and implement safety regulations to improve the PG&E safety culture
- Advanced knowledge of key PG&E organizations and their potential exposure to safety and health risks.