Design, develop, implement, and oversee health and safety programs in accordance with safety & health strategy which includes program marketing and immersion of programs at PG&E to change or improve employee
health, safety, and wellness. Manages activities associated with safety, wellness, and/or health programs including planning, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting effectiveness of such programs. Responsible for
organizing, leading, and facilitating cross-functional teams as well as communicating programs. Works with Safety & Health leaders to strategize and execute program initiatives; supports execution by providing tools to
leadership and health champions. Delivers presentations and training courses.
- Possesses good working knowledge of Project management
- Works with line of business leadership for leadership engagement and program implementation
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensures mutual collaboration with line of business and integrates in all levels of the organization in regard to safety.
- Serves as a liaison between the technical and practical aspect of safety and ensures implementation into the line of business.
- Frequently shares safety information to all in an impactful and results oriented way.
- Conducts trending of data to understand leading indicators of safety issues
- Communicates safety trends and recommends safety corrective actions.
- Mentors supervisors on safety process and applicable programs.
- Strategizes approach for LOB to measure success in safety measures. Provides strategic cost effective actions.
- Utilizes trending analysis to identify and mitigates actions to correct gaps. Introduces and implements innovative solutions with impact to correct gaps. Communicates opportunities for improvement.
- Delivers safety training and measures the effectiveness of training. Partners with learning academy to improve training quality.
- Serves as a resource for the development, implementation, and sustainability of the various companywide initiatives. (Culture, near hit, grassroots, ergonomics, etc)
- Conducts gap analysis of Safety programs.
- Helps develop and implement new safety programs
- Conducts field and driver observations.
- May provide guidance to lower level Safety Specialists
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5 Years' experience in safety, ergo, biomechanics, Proficiency in office suite
- Advanced knowledge of PG&E safety procedures, the Code of Safe Practices and organizational safety-related processes and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of CalOSHA general industry and construction safety orders and other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, FedOSHA, etc)
- Ability to interpret and implement safety regulations to improve the PG&E safety culture
- Advanced knowledge of key PG&E organizations and their potential exposure to safety and health risks