Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and othertechnologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant Company is currently seeking a Senior Operations Safety & Environmental Health Specialist for the Minneapolis manufacturing facility. In this role you will develop and guide the implementation of Site Safety, Environmental, Security, and Hazmat programs for the Minneapolis plant comprised of about 350 employees spread out across three shifts. You will also ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations while also performing EHS audits and assessments in order to prevent environmental, safety and hazmat related incidents. In this role, you will also report back to Corporate EHS any issues or concerns that require corporate assistance.
- Responsible for the development EHS programs to ensure compliance with applicable requirements and the reduction of hazards
- Guides site management in the implementation Tennant EHS requirements
- Using Corporate policies/procedures as guidelines, customizes local policies/procedures to meet site requirements
- Customize/develop EHS trainings based on corporate guidelines
- Performs EHS trainings as needed to facility employees
- Develop or customize processes and toolkits to meet site needs
- Conducts applicable environmental regulatory permitting, reporting and other day-to-day activities (i.e. recordkeeping, waste pick-ups, sampling)
- Implements and conducts EHS audits to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Tennant standards
- Performs various assessments (i.e. hazard assessment)
- Tracking,reporting and communicating EHS metrics
- Communicates local results up to Corporate EHS and Senior Operations Management
- Participates in and conducts incident and injury reviews
- Assists Worker’s Compensation team with timely injury reporting and follow-up
- Provides oversight on closure of action items deemed necessary from near-miss, incident, or injury reviews
- Manages facility emergency response programs
- Assists with various local security needs and ensure local security program aligns with corporate strategies
- Fosters relationship with local regulatory agencies
- Communicating to Corporate EHS department local regulatory changes that may affect corporate strategies
- Responsible for site Safety Data Sheet program and compliance
- Launch and maintain EHS-driven programs (i.e. onsite physical therapy, stretching, etc.)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in safety, chemistry, environmental science, biology, or related technical fields
- 10 years of manufacturing or similar environment experience
- 5 years of experience dealing with safety, environmental and Hazmat issues preferably within an industrial or regulatory setting
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and computer skills
- Strong risk assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Willingness to be flexible with time and schedule; and adjust to a changing work environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Consistent attendance.
- Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
- Ability to lead and mentor otherassociates.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must regularly lift and/or moved up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to grip, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to walk, talk and hear
- Routinely and regularly works near moving mechanical parts and chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to non-toxic fumes
- Moderate noise level
- Must be able to wear safety glasses, safety shoes at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Safety, Law, Compliance, Service, Legal