We are looking for experienced Backend and Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineers to join our core, rapidly growing, engineering team at our headquarters in Manhattan, New York and in Phoenix, AZ. This is a hands on development position. You will be part of building the Freshly platform and shaping the company’s future.
Our engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the Freshly platform.
This includes our customer facing website, e-commerce system, cx support tools and production facilities’ toolset. We are focused on building smart solutions to complex business challenges, while delivering great user experience. We work hand in hand with our product team and are highly data driven. We emphasize building quality, well tested, highly scalable code that doesn’t break.
• You are a team player and have a proven track record of working as part of an engineering team, working with UI and UX experts, working with PMs, working with designers and translating product requirements into great code
• You understand the long term value of code quality, code maintainability and testing
• You have in-depth understanding of HTML, CSS and web applications
• You have proven track record of building web APIs that service a large number of different clients, including both web and mobile clients
• You have deep understanding of performance, scaling and caching in web platforms
• You are passionate about building great user experience
Freshly delivers chef-prepared, ready-to-eat healthy meals to customers’ doorsteps through a weekly subscription model. The menu is designed using whole, natural ingredients - every meal is packed with high-quality proteins, heart-healthy fats, and nutrient-dense carbohydrates. Freshly meals NEVER contain gluten, refined sugars, or artificial additives. Freshly’s team of chefs do all the cooking and meals arrive fresh (never frozen) and are ready to eat within 3 minutes. , visit www.freshly.com.
We are a fully vertically integrated business: we source our own ingredients and we prepare, cook assemble and ship hundreds of thousands of meals per week to 28 US states. We employ 50 people in our HQ in NY and more than 350 people nationally. We recently raised our $77MM series C lead by Nestle, with the objective of expanding our operations to all 50 states and become the technological leaders in the sector.
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!