The Challenge Ahead:
The Senior Royalty Analyst and team manages all worldwide license and development contracts pertaining to product development for all Studios, as well as, third party and distribution. Global Royalty Accounting’s direct internal business partners are Studio Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Affairs and Legal. The group manages over 1100 contracts.
Our mission is to affect profitable business strategy and increase the influence on license and developer agreements by designing and leading effective royalty processes and by providing timely insights. Critical processes owned include global monthly royalty calculations for accruals and estimated royalty rates, compilations of external statements & payments, interaction with external auditors and 3rd party auditors and business partners’ support.
What a Senior Royalty Analyst does at EA:
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accurate review, interpretation and set-up of development and licensing contracts.
- Interpreting contractual terms and conditions
- Setting-up & updatingcontracts in the Alliant Royalty System
- Assessing capitalization feasibility as it pertains to EA’s Policy
- Analyzing effective versus contractual royalty rates
- Calculating development expensed advance amortization, if applicable
- Ensure 100% compliance to all financial commitments and obligations. This includes:
- Prepaid advances
- Development milestone payments
- Minimum guarantees
- Monthly or quarterly royalty disbursements
- Marketing and/or sponsorship fees
- Publisher assistance
- Responsible for enhancing Royalty Accounting’s relationships with internal and external business partners as it relates to the EA Studios
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Assist in monthly forecasting and annual planning process for Royalties
- Support 3rd. parties licensors & developers audits
- Assist on compilation of management reporting packages & analysis
- Prepare and maintain assigned auditschedules
- Responsible for reconciliation of Prepaid Royalties and Royalty Payable Accounts
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of assigned Royalty Accountingreports to business partners
- Special projects as assigned, these include, but are not limited to, ad hoc reporting for internal business partners, specifically Business Affairs, Legal and Finance.
- Assess Royalty Accountingprocesses, procedures and policies on a continuous basis and make recommendations where appropriate for process improvements
- Behaviors / Competencies:
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition and alignment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently as well as to support team activities
- Views challenges as opportunities
The next great EA Senior Royalty Analyst also needs:
- 5 years of accounting experience
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel) and Oracle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA or MBA a plus)
- Royalty agreements and accounting experience a plus
- System user or system test experience a plus.