About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks senior software engineers to develop robotic systems that can reliably perform increasingly complex tasks in warehouse environments. You will help design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain new machine intelligence functionality. You are a team player who is excited to solve challenging problems. You will join a diverse team that is dedicated to making a real-world impact, using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
In this role, you will:
- Lead design and development of major robotic software features and capabilities.
- Implement and evaluate robotics algorithms, and modify them as needed for applications.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Collaborate with firmware, mechanical, and electrical engineers in a fast-paced prototype-driven environment.
- Reduce the need for human involvement to install, configure, and support robots in the field.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
- Follow emerging technologies and keep up to date on new versions of frameworks in our tech stack.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience with a MS, or 2+ years experience with a Ph.D. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
- Many years of experience in C++, Python, and Linux (not just in academia).
- Expertise with ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Extensive research and software development experience in planning & control, and perception using lidar for mobile robots.
- Experience with object detection using machine learning.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.