Senior Robotics Engineer, National Robotics Engineering Center
NREC is looking for computer vision engineers who can help our team make both autonomous field robotics and augmented reality applications a reality. We work on challenging problems and apply state of the art research in computer vision, 3D data processing, sensor fusion, machine learning, and other fields to real world outdoor robotic systems that perform useful work, with an emphasis on regular field testing. We collaborate closely with both industry and government sponsors to build solutions that have real impact in the world.
NREC has been working on perception for autonomous systems for over 20years. This includes self-driving vehicles, supervised autonomous manipulation, and other types of closed-loop vision applications in agricultural, mining, defense, and manufacturing sectors. NREC has also been working in application of Augmented Reality for 10 years, recently in humanitarian and driver assistance domains.
- Develop computer vision algorithms for real world applications
- Prototype in scriptinglanguages
- Transition to embedded CPU/GPU code for production
- Interact with sponsors for both planning and reporting purposes
- Report complex technical detail to specialists and non-specialists
- Mentor and support other engineers
- Survey literature and implement state of the art techniques to solve challenging problems
- Develop, document, and direct software system testing, troubleshooting, and verification procedures
- Support manufacturing with hardware requirements, technology integration, and maintenance
- M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 4 years combined graduate academic and professional software development experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience implementing image processing algorithms and using computing vision libraries (OpenCV, PCL, etc)
- Experience with scriptinglanguages for quick prototyping of computer vision applications (Python or Matlab preferred)
- Linux development experience
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Knowledge of object-oriented concepts
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Qualifications: (not all need apply)
- 8+ years combined graduate academic and professional software development experience
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Experience with CNNs or other learning for vision techniques
- Experience with 3D and projective geometry
- Experience with visual odometry, mapping, and SLAM
- Experience with embedded systems and real time applications.
- Experience developing sensor drivers.
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience with Intel's IPP or Arm Neon instruction development