Senior Risk Modeling Analyst, Credit Administration
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the development of model validation framework and analytical reporting that integrates credit risk data into effective tools for management to assess risk and monitor portfolio performance. Position requires strong analytical expertise, including an in-depth knowledge of loans and associated credit modeling metrics. It will be a dynamic position, with changing demands. Individual should be willing to work on a variety of projects at one time.
- Responsible for development of model validation for the allowance for loan loss. Researches and analyzes the conceptual soundness of model using both quantitative (statistical) and qualitative techniques. Maintains and documents model performance and controls files.
- Prepares credit reporting for distribution across the Company and Board of Directors
- Prepares the Bank’s quarterly ALLL analysis ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory guidelines
- Prepares stress testing and other modelling of credit risk analytics related to the bank’s loan portfolio
- Aggregates, interprets, and synthesizes data patterns to support development of credit strategies or refinement of credit risk management tactics
- Develops reporting databases to support portfolio management processes
- Assists in various internal and external audits, providing audit data and information representing the bank’s position related to loan accounting and reserves for loan losses
- Perform ad-hoc reports, perform analysis and complete special projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience. A minor in computer sciences is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of five years’ experience in credit analysis and modelling or risk management support with a commercial bank or a related financial services company.
- Requires extensive knowledge of statistics, econometrics, and analytical methodologies.
- Requires experience with building databases to support reporting processes.
- Must be process and detail oriented, resourceful and able to maintain a flexible yet focused demeanor.
- Must have a willingness to learn and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to interact professionally, build rapport and have an impact across all levels of the organization.
- Must possess creative abilities to improve existing processes that result in better customer service while maintaining credit risk controls.
- Advanced Expertise using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Advanced Access skills are required. Advanced SQL skills are desirable.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements.