CACI is seeking a Senior Risk Manager (SRM) to support a new major shipbuilding program. This position is located in Washington, DC.
What You'll Get to Do:
This candidate will serve as a hands-on subject matter expert, and help lead a FVEY partner achieve these objectives by undertaking, (through a US FMS case), the following responsibilities in this role:
- Work with Program Office engineers and staff to investigate possible risk topics and when appropriate document risk statements and develop mitigation approaches tailored for the specific circumstances of that risk area.
- Collaborate with foreign Program Office staff and fellow US subject matter experts to develop a risk management plan addressing their unique needs
- Work closely with Program Office senior leaders to keep them informed of the program's risk exposure and serve as a trusted, impartial source of information
- Assist in establishment and execution of a Risk Review Board (RRB)
- Plan, facilitate, issue agendas/presentations, and document RRB meeting minutes
- Report risk information from recurring RRB meetings
- Review and approve risk mitigation plans for Moderate non-technical program risks not requiring RRB approval
- Brief Program Office leadership on the status of program risks
- Maintain a Risk Register to track risk events, actions, and decisions
- Maintain the program risk database and produce risk metrics and mitigation plan progress charts
- Facilitate risk assessments and provide quality assurance of risk element development forms
- Ensure the accuracy of probability, impact, timeframe estimates, and categorization of proposed risks
- Conduct ad-hoc tasks, as required
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Possess at minimum, a BA or BS degree; engineering degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years Risk Management and/or Project Management experience, preferably in the DoD or DHS Sector. Software risk management experience a plus.
- Dynamic persistence to maintain up-to-date information addressing the program's critical needs
- Meticulous attention to detail maintaining consistent and accurate risk posture information
- Knowledge and capability to coach responsible engineers and managers develop effective risk mitigation plans
- Knowledge and experience establishing event-driven, time-based risk "burn-down" plans and monitoring plans monthly
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Level Clearance
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills and detail-oriented
- Communicates project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Risk Management Professional (RMP) Certification, a plus. (Equivalent Project Management Degree is acceptable).
What We Can Offer You:
- An outstanding client who values the skills, experience and contributions you make to overall program success.
- A collegial work environment with collaborative team of subject matter experts.
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nations highest priorities.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.